Recipe for Mock Goose
- 1lb. Sausage Meat
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Salt and Pepper Mix (1 pepper:3 salt ratio)
- 1 teaspoon made mustard
- 1 to 2 oz (25 to 50 grams) fresh breadcrumbs2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 1 oz (25 grams) dripping
- 2 large sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon Salt and Pepper Mix (1 pepper:3 salt ratio)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 to 2 oz (25 to 50 grams) fresh breadcrumbs
1. Mix together sausage meat, egg, Salt and Pepper Mix and mustard using fresh breadcrumbs to make a firm mixture.
2. Stuffing. Melt dripping, fry onions to soften a little. Mix in seasonings and sufficient of the fresh breadcrumbs to bind, but do not make too dry.
3. Grease a 1lb (half a kilo) Loaf Tin, coat generously with dried breadcrumbs.
4. Spread half of the sausage meat mixture in tin, then stuffing mixture and the rest of the sausage meat on top.
5. Cover with foil.
6. Cook for 1 hour at Gas 5, (375F, 190C), Serve with Salads. Can be served hot with apple sauce.