Recipe for Hot Beef SataysFeeds: 4
Time to cook:
Rare: 2 minutes on each side
Medium: 4 minutes on each side
Well done: 6 minutes on each side
- 450g (1lb) lean beef sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cut into 2.5cm (1inch) cubes
- 30ml (2tbsps) coconut milk
- 5ml (1tsp) light soft brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large handful freshly chopped coriander
- Extra coriander leaves and finely chopped red chilli, to garnish
Prepare the marinade ingredients in a large shallow bowl. Thread equal amounts of the beef cubes onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers, place into the marinade and coat the beef cubes. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Cook the steaks according to preference on a preheated grill or barbecue, turning once. Serve the satays scattered with extra coriander leaves and chopped red chilli.
Serve the satays with crusty bread and a spinach and tomato salad with elderflower dressing. Tip: If using wooden skewers soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes.