Recipe for Golden Vegetable Soup
- 1 and 1/2 lb of diced vegetables: onion, carrot, swede, celery
- 2 oz (50 grams) butter
- 1 oz (25 grams) flour
- 2 pt (946 ml) well seasoned stock, preferrably a light one, e.g. chicken or bacon
- 4 oz. (100 grams) cooked peas)
1. Fry vegetables in butter until lightly golden, but do not brown.
2. Stir in flour, sizzle 1 minute.
3. Gradually add stock, bring to boil and simmer with lid on pan until vegetables are tender. Test for seasoning.
4. Add peas and boil up. If frozen peas are used add and cook for time advised on packet.