Recipe for Cold Stuffed Tomatoes
- 4 to 6 tomatoes depending on size. Choose firm ones.
- 1 tin sardines in oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 oz (50 grams) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon made mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Seasoning to taste
1. Stand tomatoes stalk end down, cut a lid from rounded end which is uppermost, remove pulp, sprinkle lightly with salt and invert on a plate to drain.
2. Drain sardines, remove tails and backbones, and mash.
3. Remove yolks from eggs, work into softened butter. Add mustard, parsley, sardines and chopped egg whites. Season to taste.
4. Fill into tomato shells, replace lids at an angle. Serve very cold with green salad